Thursday, July 21, 2011

Where's the honesty??

Where's the honesty??

Instead of saying, "I don’t know why my life doesn’t change”.

We could be honest and say, "I’m a disobedient nonbeliever and that’s why my life doesn’t change!"

Instead of saying, "My biggest flaw is that I like everything to be perfect, down to the last detail, that’s why I do everything myself”. Say, “The truth is that I’m annoying, selfish, jealous, hot-tempered, incredulous and proud!"

Why waste time saying, "I don’t know why I’ve gained so much weight. I hardly eat”.

Your better off saying the truth: "I eat a lot of fatty foods and I hate to exercise. I'm lazy and that’s why I’m fat! "

Why turn a blind eye to the situation and say, "My husband betrays me, he humiliates me and he’s abusive but he has a good heart”.

The worst kind of blind person is the one who doesn’t want to see. Just admit it, "I married the wrong person. I followed my heart and now I have to change this situation”.

The worst one of all is: "I don’t know why I suffer so much. I’m a good person. I never hurt anybody”.

Unless people stop trying to hide who they really are, giving sorry excuses for themselves, not recognizing that the devil’s secret weapon is within them, they’ll never ever know the TRUTH. And they’ll never truly be delivered.

We confess our minor flaws, so that we don’t have to expose the HYPOCRISY that truly condemns us. Let's be honest. What is another wound among the already deteriorating body of a leper?

Pr Julio Da Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment