Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Donkey

As the young colt happily returned home, he told his mother:

- I went to a city and when I got there I was received with applause, as the crowd shouted with excitement. They spread their clothes on the road... Everyone seemed so happy to see me.

His mother wondered if he had been alone, and so the donkey explained:
- No, I was carrying a man by the name of Jesus.

His mother then said:
- Son, go back to that city, but this time go alone.

The donkey answered:
- Whenever I have a chance, I’ll go back there.

He went back to the city alone, but this time, everyone blurted out awful things at him as they passed by and they even hit him.

When he returned home, he told his mother:
- I'm sad, nothing happened. There was no applause, no clothes, no honor... I only got hit! I was cursed at and mistreated. They didn’t recognize me, Mom.

Annoyed, the donkey asked his mother:
- Why did this happen to me?

His mother said:
- My dear son, without Jesus you are just a donkey...


No comments:

Post a Comment