Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Inauguration of a New Heart

It was a special Sunday morning (March 13th) in Maputo, Mozambique’s capital. After all, the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God was inaugurating the country’s first Cenacle of Faith. The modern, yet comfortable structure brings beauty to the city’s center; where it accommodated 10,000 people, not counting the 70,000 plus who had to stay outside. So you can get an idea of how many people were present, the street in front of the temple had to be closed off in order to accommodate everyone outside. Not even the rain stopped the multitudes from coming during the night and waiting outside for the temple to open.

The Governor, the state ministers and the mayor weren’t able to make it to the Cenacle because of the multitudes.

The meeting was scheduled to start at 10 am; however, because there were so many people already gathered and waiting, we had to start before 9 am.

What we heard during the worship sounded like the "roaring of the sea”.

Watch the video:

Below is a letter from one of the members of the Cenacle, where she explains the importance of hearing God's voice

Bishop Macedo,

I am so grateful that you saved me. After being a member of the church for over seven years, my life was still a living hell; nothing went right. On a particular Sunday, after returning from the 6 am service, I turned on the TV to watch the UCKG meeting being broadcast from Brazil, led by you. On that Sunday, salvation brought peace into my heart.

Through your sermon, you taught me how to forgive, how to pray for my enemies and truly give my life to God. From that Sunday on, I started putting those teachings into practice and my life has been transformed.

Today, I’m a completely different person and I can see how God’s mighty hand has been over my life.

I’m thankful that our paths have crossed.

May God bless your ministry more and more each day.

Dulcelina Isabel

Maputo - Mozambique .

No comments:

Post a Comment