Sunday, September 11, 2011

5th Sep

Tither: John D. Rockerfeller

The first U.S. billionaire once said in an interview:

“Yes, I tithe, and I would like to tell you how it all came about. I had to begin work as a small boy to help support my mother. My first wages amounted to $1.50 per week. The first week after I went to work, I took the $1.50 home to my mother and as she held the money in her lap she explained to me that she would be happy if I would give a tenth of it to the Lord.
I did, and from that week until this day I have tithed every dollar God has entrusted to me. And I want to say, if I had not tithed the first dollar I made I would not have tithed the first million dollars I made. Tell your readers to train the children to tithe, and they will grow up to be faithful stewards of the Lord.”
--John D. Rockefeller, Sr.

He began tithing as a child and became one of the richest men in history by revolutionizing the oil industry. He came from a poor family and an absent father. But his mother taught him how to be faithful to the principle of sowing, which till this day, brings the Rockefeller family prosperity (when he died in 1973, his fortune was calculated to be about 760 billion dollars. Today, that would equal 12 times the wealth of Bill Gates).

To be faithful in little things is a test of character. Before you trust someone with a lot of something, you test and prove their character in the little things.

The same way God gave Rockefeller petroleum, He also wants to give His children wellsprings of riches. There are many treasures yet to be discovered, ideas worth millions, golden opportunities…

But, of course, God will only give that to the faithful and diligent.

Pr Juloio Da Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment