Sunday, September 11, 2011

8th Sep

For All the single people

I hope that my testimony can serve as an example to other young women, who, like me, always get asked by people at church and at home why they are still single.

I first came to the Universal Church with my mother to fight for our family because we were going through some tough times at home. We were delivered, baptized and everything changed.
Time passed and when I turned 30, being single began bothering me, especially because everyone was asking me about it. I felt like an old maid. I’d pray and do my purposes, but nothing happened.

I started participating in the Therapy of Love services at church, but I thought God was taking too long, so I decided to give Him a "helping hand" (as if the Almighty needs any help). This thought kept popping into my head because I was anxious to get married and felt a strong need for affection.

So, I had the "brilliant" idea to post my profile in the “Cantinho do Coração” (a singles column in the Folha Universal newspaper). I received many invites but I chose one that, in my eyes, was the best. He was everything I always wanted, all he needed was a halo to be an angel; I was head over heals.

We started dating and I never really asked him about his past. Everything seemed to be going wonderfully. As time went by, he began showing signs that there was something wrong, but I refused to see it, I didn’t think it mattered. The Holy Spirit was warning me that this was a trap, but I didn’t want to hear it.

Three years later, I found out what I never would’ve imagined; he was married. I was floored, my world fell apart, I felt like a harlot; I ended it all, right there and then.

That’s when I finally understood what the Holy Spirit had been warning me all along. It was extremely difficult to turn my life around after all that, because I was very ashamed and disgusted with myself, but I managed.

I decided to lock up my heart and throw away the key; I wasn’t going to believe in anyone anymore. Whenever someone approached me, I would be rude to them because I was still very hurt. It took about six months for my heart to heal and only then did things change. The whole time, my other half had been right there next to me. Today, I am happily married.

However, this was only possible after I allowed the Holy Spirit to guide me. Although I’d known him for many years, I did things differently this time. I ran a fine-toothed comb through his life; I investigated his and his family’s background. I tested him every way possible and only after he passed all of those tests, we started dating. Now, we are married and happy.

I hope this can serve as an example for all of the single women. I’m not saying that the Folha Universal and the people who chose to post their profiles there are not of God. No, I’m not saying that at all.
The Folha Universal isn’t responsible for the veracity of the information that is announced in their column; the truth is that, anyone can publish their profile. What I’m saying is, that you should be careful not to fall for other people’s lies, like I did one day.

I hope this has served as an example.

Thanks!

Tiane - Rio de Janeiro

No comments:

Post a Comment