Friday, October 28, 2011

Testemony

I didn't have money to kill myself

Education is one of the keys that unlocks the doors to success in life. Without it, people often don’t find higher-paying jobs.

When Mabel completed her matric, she could not further her studies because she had no one to pay her fees. She also struggled to get a job. A single mother of two, Mabel was unemployed for more than five years. She depended on her neighbours for donations of food and clothes to care for her family. Sometimes they went for a week without food and she had to give her children water to drink to fill their empty stomachs. She rented a one-roomed shack but could not pay the rent without any income.

“I could not stand the pain of seeing my children crying every day because they were hungry. I wanted to save them from suffering by killing them and myself. I wanted to buy poison, mix it with food and give it to my children so they could eat and die,” she explained. Because she could not afford poison, she went in search of money and walked past the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God. Out of desperation, she attended one service. Since that day in 2002, she has never looked back. She took part in the chains of prayer on Mondays for her finances. “In these meetings I learned not to accept the situation I was in. I fought the suicidal thoughts that I had and God gave me the strength to resist them,” said Mabel.

She applied for jobs and found one working as a cleaner in a restaurant. She earned R500 per month which was too little for her needs. “I believed and trusted God for greater things,” said Mabel. She continued using her faith and applied for other jobs. She got a response from one company and was given a good offer. Gradually her life started to improve. “In one of the services I attended, the pastor taught us that we should not relax and wait for God to perform miracles. He also encouraged us to invest in our careers. I put that into practice and I saw the results,” said Mabel. She enrolled for a part-time course in administration and business management. Later, she was promoted to the position of branch manger with a good salary and managed to move into a flat.

“When the Campaign of Israel was introduced I took part and I was inspired to start my own consultancy and estate agent business. I started saving money so I could get an office and buy furniture for my business,” said Mabel. Through her faith and hard work, God helped her to change her situation. Her business became a reality and she employed three people to work with her. “My business grew. Now I have three branches and 18 employees. I was able to pay cash for a three-bedroomed house and a car. I am living a good life with my children. I thank God for helping me to escape from misery,” said Mabel.


T

his transformation may happen to you too.

Adabraka,Former Warehouse,close to Adabraka market,

Help Lines: 0302 222 400, 020 048 7534, 024 366 8067

Pr Julio Da Silva


No comments:

Post a Comment